How to enrol as a new Patient
We are now able to open our books for a limited number of new enrolments at Counties Medical in the Family Health (GP clinic).
As a new patient, you can find a raft of information on this website – relating to services and fees.
While we want to make enrolling with us as easy as possible, there is a set process you must complete to become an enrolled patient (and several options of how you can do this).
Firstly, please read the Enrolment Information Guide – Confidentiality of Information and the New Patient Information sheet from the Practice
Option 1 – Enrolment Forms
You need to complete the following forms:
- New Patient Enrolment Form – one for each member of your family who wishes to enrol – a parent or guardian completes and signs the form for children 16 years and under. Please make sure that you complete all of the boxes especially those with an *. Find the form here.
- Health Questionnaire Adult – again one for each adult in the family enrolling. Find the form here.
- Health Questionnaire Child (under 16) – one for every child enrolling. Find the form here.
Once you have completed these you can either print them off and bring them to the clinic or you can attach the forms to an email to the clinic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the clinic has received the forms, you still need to bring into the clinic a form of identification – this confirms your eligibility to enrol in a publicly funded NZ practice. Bring the original and we will take a copy for your confidentially held file. We MUST have this to complete your enrolment.
This means either:
- Your New Zealand birth certificate or
- Your New Zealand passport (photo page) or
- Other passport with Residency Visa (photo page and visa) providing you with at least a 2 year visa. Note that Non-NZ Residents cannot enroll unless they have a residency visa.
Option 2 – Enrol Online
You can enrol electronically via this link to e-enrolment
Follow the instructions via the link. Once completed and sent you still need to complete the Health Questionnaire forms. A member of the clinic staff will contact you when they receive this to assist you to complete the enrolment.
Medical notes from your old GP practice
Part of the new enrolment process means that our clinic, once we have received your completed forms, make a request to your previous GP to securely transfer electronically your medical records.