Monday 8th March – Takanini Urgent Care has now re-opened for Urgent Care services at our normal hours of 8am – 8pm, 7 days a week.
COVID-19 swabbing – We are now in Level Two – Check here for swabbing hours…
If you have –
- NO symptoms but do meet any of the criteria i.e. in contact with someone with COVID; high risk occupation – Swabbing times at Papakura are between 8am and 8pm and at Takanini between 10am and 4pm daily. There is no charge for the swab.
- NO symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and do NOT meet any of the risk criteria – we are not currently swabbing
- Any symptoms consistent with the virus and are unwell needing to see a Doctor, you will get a COVID-19 swab as part of your consultation– there is no charge for this.
- If you are requiring a COVID-19 swab only and do not need to see a doctor we currently recommend you go straight to the community testing centre at 25 Druces Road, Wiri.
If you need a COVID swab so that you can fly overseas –
Please be aware that you must confirm with the airline you are flying with about the specific requirements and time frame of the negative text result you need. Counties Medical will take your swab and send it to Labtests and provide a medical certificate – but once the swab is at the laboratory we cannot guarantee when the result will be made available.
• Non NZ Residents pay for the consultation at the Non NZ residents consultation charge and the lab processing fee of $138.00.
• NZ Residents choosing to fly also must pay the normal urgent care charge and the lab processing fee.
• For entry to China you also need an antibody blood test. The lab request form for this will be provided for you when you have your swab done. You will then need to take the form to the nearest Labtests to have your blood taken. There is an additional charge of $110.25 to be paid at Labtests.
Keeping safe –
We ask that if you have a cough, runny nose, fever or sore throat that you wear a mask when coming to see us and while in the waiting room.
Please make sure you hand sanitise when arriving and when leaving the clinic.
Use the COVID-19 Tracer App on the clinic door.
The dedicated COVID Healthline number is also available for advice on 0800 611 116.
Welcome to the Counties Medical Integrated Heath Centre
We provide an integrated health service to the Papakura and Takanini communities at two convenient sites. The Papakura and Takanini sites are conveniently located near train and bus routes. Each site has ample parking and is wheelchair accessible.
In case of an emergency please call 111 first
Download the Emergency Q App for up-to-date information on our Urgent Care Clinic wait times and approximate consultation costs.
Our Papakura clinic offers services including Radiology, Pharmacy, Dental, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Osteopathy and visiting specialists.
6-18 O’Shannessey Street
Counties Urgent Care: 09 299 9380
Counties Family Health: 09 299 9384
Fax : 09 298 0634
Urgent Care: 8.00am – 10.00pm 7 days a week
Family Health: 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
Our Takanini clinic offers services including Radiology,
Pharmacy, Dental and visiting specialists.
106 Great South Road
Takanini Urgent Care: 09 299 7670
Takanini Family Health: 09 280 6202
Fax : 09 296 2333
Urgent Care: 8.00am – 8.00pm 7 days a week
Family Health: 8.00am – 5.00pm Tuesday and Wednesday
Counties Medical is proud to be in a positive working partnership with a large number of companies and agencies – some are listed here.